Roasted pears with peanut crumble
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Put peanuts into a food processor, process until finely chopped. Add the flours, cinnamon and butter. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Remove to a large bowl. Add the brown sugar and oats and use fingers to mix until crumble starts to form big clumps.
- Place the pears into a greased baking dish. Spoon a little jam into the centre of each pear half. Press crumble mixture evenly over the surface of the pears. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until pears are just tender and crumble golden (if the top begins to brown too much before pears tender, cover loosely with foil during cooking, it will depend on the size and ripeness of your pears).
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or cold with ice-cream if desired.
- TIP: These are delicious as after school treat, it’s a great way to get the kids to eat more fruit. You can replace the pears with apples.